Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Top 10 don'ts for wannabe teacher bloggers | Teacher Network | Guardian Professional

Top 10 don'ts for wannabe teacher bloggers | Teacher Network | Guardian Professional:

'via Blog this'


Click the above link for the 10 don'ts that show you how to get started blogging -- as a teacher, your experiences may help others.

Briefly, you'll understand what TO DO:

1) Start
2) Choose Quick Design
3) Tag
4) Focus
5) Expect everybody will read it (digital footprint)
6) Tweet it
7) Describe & Evaluate What You Do
8) Keep it short
9) Hyperlink
10) Start  :)

I would add:

11) Follow other educator blogs
12) Comment on other educator blogs
13) Join Twitter and Tweet
14) Join Flickr to store images
15) Use Creative Commons images (advanced search on Flickr)

Educators to Follow

Tracy Watanabe

Dare To Care Mrs D Krebs Class Blog
Primary Teacher Kathleen Morris


More:




2 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri,

    I like your list of 1-15 of "do" to start blogging, and am honored to be part of the list you've provided of people to follow.

    I was thinking about "focus" and to expand on that, I believe it helps to set a purpose for the blog. For example, my main blog's purpose is for my reflection and my learning. I often take what I'm thinking the most about and creating a post based on that. While my school district's campus blogs is primarily for tech tips/tutorials which are often based on questions I'm commonly asked about.

    Kind regards,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy. You are right about "focus." When I started blogging in in 2007, I separated out all the different areas of my life. At that time, it was important to separate work and personal. While it still is important, it is also now important to be transparent: perhaps a place like About.me to connect the different areas. And I now have way too many places, yet it all fits.

      So readers should take your advice: What is your focus? Which are yours and which are your employers? How will you share the different areas? How will you make these transparent?

      Start small, but start.

      Thanks, Tracy!

      Delete

Please add your comment with respect of others' ideas. Thank you.